The price signs at Costco have a system and can clue you in on the available deals. If you’re a frequent shopper, this can help you save more money at the warehouse store if you pay attention.
In particular, look for:
• Prices that end in 97¢. (These have been marked down from the regular priced items, which end in 99¢.)
• Odd pricing, such as 79¢, 49¢, or 89¢. (These indicate specially priced items that Costco got a deal from the manufacturer. These can often be better deals than at other stores, but not usually better than the 97¢ markdown.)
• An asterisk* on the upper right side of the sign: The item won’t be reordered. (However this is not always true, sometimes the buyers are just rotating brands or it is a seasonal item.)
• 88¢ or .00 endings: Manager markdowns. (Sometimes the company uses these to move a product very fast.)
• Green signs mean the item/product is organic.